Friday 12 April 2013

Sideways Glances


I was glancing through a magazine today and thought how strange, often the photographs which catch my eye the most are those tiny glimpses of something. And so I thought, as I have been a bit remiss over the old blog recently, that I would pop a quick post in as an extra, which is largely made up of those little glimpses, or sideways glances, of my home. Seriously edited, no horrific piles of clutter and tat!But not 'styled', they are 'as is'. So not much in the way of words today. (Amazingly!)

                       
                                                                                Beverage Corner


                                                                    Spice Corner

     
                                                                       Baking Corner


The back of the merchant's chest we bought was a little rough, and as it wasn't hidden against a wall I stretched a furnishing fabric remnant across the back. It reminds me of an old school piano!


    Another back - this time the back of the kitchen/dining room door, laden with my bags. My crocheted Lucy Bag is there, with a wool and felted wool grey bag I made last year. And an unintentional glimpse of my Molly Jacket over the back of a chair.




A few VERY selective shots from my sewing room. You know what didn't get into shot - yes, clutter! Oh and by the way, that's not a length of copper piping on the shelf it's a penny whistle!

So that's it; a quick little filler-in of a post, but I hope you enjoyed these little glimpses. See you soon!

18 comments:

  1. I did enjoy them nearly as much as I did when I saw it all for rea1! You have the magic touch for making a place homely and cosy. I love playing the penny whistle - we must have a duet sometime! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy, that's a lovely thing to say! Yes, a duet, why not? We'd need to get our play-lists together! Lx

      Delete
  2. Lovely little glimpses of you home, you definitely know how to spice up your life! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada, just a filler-in really. We love curries and couscous dishes and I do love to spice things up a bit - not too hot, easy on the chilli, but I love the flavours. Lxx

      Delete
  3. Great glimpses of your cozy home. I love the polka dot toaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia, that toaster was a special thought from my lovely husband Jim, who knows I am slightly dotty myself, and 'spotted' this in a department store and knew I would love it! I have trained him well, don't you think?Lx

      Delete
  4. Love the glimpses, you have the sort of home where folk feel comfortable from the minute they step in, able to kick off shoes, sit in the chair and wait for tea! Sent you a quick email just to wish you a good day tomorrow and hope the sun stays shining for you as it is now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi. It has been said our house is where people want to kick off their shoes, but I always feel there is a veiled hint at the general state of disorder hidden in there somewhere! Still, it is home, an' all and I'm not going to change much I don't expect. Many thanks for your email, hope it stays fine here too! Lx

      Delete
  5. Love it!

    Not much point in me doing this ... we're a bit minimalist here, almost everything in the kitchen is behind a door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Annie, sometimes I dream of whitewashed surroundings, pale throws, minimalism even....but I just know I wouldn't be able to keep it up. I'd be saying, after a while, now, what could I stick on that wall to brighten it up, how about a splash of paint on that chair,and all would be lost! And to be honest, cupboard doors are just what I need to contain the aforementioned clutter - but then I'd forget all about it and never do anything about it! Never mind, we can exchange dreams and what ifs! Lxx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Heheheh! Carefully edited is the key-phrase! Thanks for popping by! Lx

      Delete
  7. Well I've just landed over here and have really enjoyed your sideways glances - but even then I was straining to see what was in the background or just disappearing off shot! Lovely to meet you x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane thanks for visiting and commenting! Yes, it's often the juicy little glimpses in the background that are so interesting isn't it? And nice to visit your blog too. Lx

      Delete
  8. I love your little glimpses of your home. It looks cozy and warm and happy.

    Hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, thank you, I like to think it is....but I'm noticing no-one has said how neat and tidy it looks .....! Lx ;)

      Delete
  9. It's always fab to peek into other peeps houses and yours is delightful...colourful and cozy and yes, neat! Lots of interesting, cheerful objets but, neat! :)

    Your hubby's desk looks fascinating too.

    And I really like your Textile Treasury and Home Sweet Home banners/wall hangings - they are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendz, I repeat - selective editing!! There are many, many places which will never appear on the blog!

      And thank you for your lovely comments about the hangings - I'm not sure what they are FOR, actually, but they look quite nice just ....hangin' around! Lx

      Delete

I'd love you to comment, maybe join in the conversation - I always try and reply if I can.Anonymous spammers take note: you will not be published. Genuine posters having difficulty will be accepted. Thanks so much for visiting!